Why we’ve added Tele-Optometry as part of our service procedure ( including email, phone call, and video meeting)?
- It can solve some problems but is not a replacement of comprehensive eye exam.
- In some cases, special devices or equipment needed, a visit at the clinic will be arranged at the end of the Tele-Optometry consultation.
- Tele-communication before hand will facilitate in-person visits to be brief and much safer with less time spent in the clinic.
Steps for Tele-Optometry consultation:
- You need to sign a consent form first. Tele-Optometry and Electronic Communication Consent
- Dr. Yilei Wang will consult you with one of the available methods of Tele-Optometry service.
- If video consultation elected, please make sure the device of yours has a video camera for the consultation.
- Please join the consultation at your booked time with the link:www.doxy.me/eyedryileiwang. (it is a Tele-medicine service platform, and do not need to download any application.)
Fee for the service of Tele-Optometry:
- Please keep in mind that, Tele-optometry so far is not an OHIP covered service. However, some insurance companies may cover the fee of the service.
- Based on the complexity and time spent on your case, Tele-Optometry service fee ranges from $25-60.00. You will be informed additional fee if in-person service is not an OHIP covered item for your age or eye condition.
- Payment method: We recommend contactless payment. For E-transfer, please arrange to firstname.lastname@example.org.