Who is covered under OHIP for an annual eye exam?
- Children up to and including age 19
- Adults 65+
- Partial exams covered for the above groups as needed
- Insured persons aged 20 to 64 years with specified medical conditions affecting the eye can receive an OHIP insured regular eye examination once every 12 months.
- Insured persons aged 20 to 64 with any of the following conditions can go directly to their optometrist or physician to receive an OHIP insured eye examination: diabetes mellitus, glaucoma, cataract, retinal disease, amblyopia, visual field defects, corneal disease, strabismus, recurrent uveitis or optic pathway disease.
- Insured persons aged 20 to 64 who have certain medical conditions not listed above may also be covered for regular eye examinations. They should discuss this with their primary health care provider.
If you need further information on the Ontario Health Card Coverage towards eye care services, please refer to the fact sheet from the Ministry of Health and Long Term Care website or contact our office at 905-471-8118.
Private Insurance Coverage
At Markham Eye and Vision Care, we are thriving ourselves to provide convenience in the process of your eye care needs. We are enrolled providers with e-claim ability to assist you in submitting your vision claims upon your request and with your authorization.