Symptoms of Cataracts
- Do you have decreased night vision or see halos around lights?
- Do colours appear dull or muted?
- Are your glasses no longer working?
- Does sunlight or other light seem overly bright or glaring?
At this time, no one knows how to prevent cataracts. You can protect your eyes by wearing sunglasses that protect from UV rays and by seeking a diet rich in antioxidants. While these activities will not prevent cataracts, they can slow their growth.
Foods Rich in antioxidants include:
- Small red beans
- Red berries like cranberries, strawberries and raspberries
- Apples – Red delicious, Granny Smith and Gala
- Dark green veggies like kale and broccoli