Thank you for entrusting Markham Eye and Vision Care . As one of the essential health care professionals, we will stay open during Ontario Emergency Order effective on Jan 14th, 2021. Please do your best to stay-at -home.
Following the guidelines of College of Optometrists of Ontario, and the Directive of Chief Medical Officer of Health, we try our best with preventative measures to protect our patients and team against the spread of COVID-19.
- We require that all in-person services or visits by appointment only. Walk-in service is not available during this period of time.
- Patients and visitors are required to wear 3-layer face masks when enter the clinic. Please keep masks on during the entire appointment session in the clinic ( not required if <2 year old). One-way valve masks are not permitted.
- You will be asked to complete an online COVID-19 Screening Questionnaire from up to 24 hours before your appointment.
- Your forehead temperature will be taken with an infrared thermometer before you enter the office.
- Anyone with a cough or fever will not be allowed to enter the practice. You will be appreciated to reschedule your appointment for a later date.
Thank you for your understanding and cooperation.
COVID-19 Update: Ontario Emergency Order Effective January 14, 2021
The Ontario government has declared a second state of emergency that will take effect January 14, 2021.
The state of emergency includes a stay-at-home order that requires citizens to stay home except for essential purposes such as accessing grocery stores, pharmacies, health care services, and for essential work.
The order specifically targets social gatherings, non-essential retail, and non-essential construction. At this time, health care services such as optometry are not included in the order.